Google today launched their new Algorithm dubbed ‘Mobilegeddon’. This means websites that are mobile friendly will now be ranked higher.
So what is a mobile friendly website
Although we ensure our developed websites work on mobile phones, there are additional options for dedicated mobile versions, this is now what Google are looking for. If we have already developed your website within the past few years you would have seen an additional option to have a mobile friendly version within our pricing structure (depending on the package you have had) and you may already have this set up. If we have not developed your initial website then we can still step in and help you get it mobile friendly.
If your page is eligible for the “mobile-friendly” label it should follow this criteria that will be detected by a Googlebot:
- Avoids software that is not common on mobile devices, like Flash
- Uses text that is readable without zooming
- Sizes content to the screen so users don’t have to scroll horizontally or zoom
- Places links far enough apart so that the correct one can be easily tapped
Test if your website is mobile friendly
You can test whether your site is mobile friendly below, if your site fails the test then please feel free to contact us to discuss your options
So what are your options
1) Mobile App Version : This replaces the website for a dedicated mobile app version, this looks different to the core website and can show different content or the same content in a mobile. Visit the following website on a desktop and then mobile to see an example of this: http://www.rubychineserestaurant.co.uk/
2) Responsive Design : This means your website content will move around in a fluent layout to structure itself to the device currently viewing the site. This is the latest ‘trend’ in mobile responsive design as it means that your content is future proof for all screen sizes on mobiles, tablets and any other web device. For an example of this take a look at our website at https://www.inlife.co.uk/
If you are still unsure, then give us a call on 01543 675474 or contact us now for more details